What does the Thyroid Clinic Program include?
- A consultation with a qualified Nutritionist
- A consultation with a qualified Medical Herbalist
- Follow up consultation with your Nutritionist
- Blood tests including thyroid function and thyroid antibody status. We also test for anaemia, liver and kidney function, cholesterol and blood sugar.
A Herbal prescription and/or nutritional supplements may be recommended. These are not included in the clinic fee.
More comprehensive thyroid testing may be advised. We do coeliac testing, food intolerance testing and wider hormone profiles where clinically indicated (not included in the standard clinic fee).
Such tests are offered at special rates to patients attending Dr Clare’s dedicated Thyroid and Energy Clinic.
Do you suffer from any of the following whether you are taking Thyroid Medication or not?
• Excess tiredness
• Hard to lose/gain weight
• Mood swings e.g. anxiety, irritability, depression or nervousness
• Loss of interest in sex
• Irregular periods
• Constipation and/or diarrhoea
• Sensitivity to heat and cold
• Muscle weakness or aches
• Slow movements and thoughts
• Dry or scaly skin
• Brittle hair and nails
• Difficulty with fertility
• Poor sleeping
• Carpal tunnel syndrome
If you answered yes to a number of these questions you may consider scheduling a Thyroid Clinic appointment.
Whether or not the test shows thyroid problems you may choose to see us at our Thyroid Clinic
for a natural medicine approach to your problems.
What does your Thyroid gland do?
The thyroid gland in your neck produces hormones that regulate how your cells use energy. You may experience a wide range of symptoms if your thyroid gland produces too little or too much thyroid hormone. With poor thyroid function your hormones lose the ability to manage cell energy efficiently.
We treat whatever has contributed to your Thyroid function problems including:
• Digestive system
• Blood sugar balance
•Hormone balance especially adrenal function
Who can we help?
• If you are on thyroid drugs but still have symptoms despite normal blood levels
• If you have ‘borderline’ thyroid blood tests
• If you have several symptoms of thyroid problems but normal blood tests
Q. “I feel well on my thyroid medication as a replacement treatment for my Thyroid gland. Is it possible to use only natural medicines for this problem? I would prefer not to take drugs.”
A. Your body has become accustomed to relying on external hormones and it is not possible to answer the above question in advance. It requires a one to one assessment, consistency of treatment and repeated monitoring of blood tests probably over a two year period. Make a Thyroid Clinic appointment to discuss.